12 February 2013

A Butterfly Moment by OPI - swatches & review

Hey ladies!

Its been a while, I know and I apologize! As usual my school got in the way and I barely have time for anything else. I wont get into more details but I will show you one of my 2 picks from OPI Mariah Carey inspired collection.

A Butterfly Moment. This color stole my heart from the first swatches I ever saw. Let me tell you this, with my peachy skin tone (I just call it yellow cause that is exactly what it is) its amazingly difficult to pick a good nude. Not just any plain, boring nude but one that actually has something to it and looks good with my skin tone. A Butterfly Moment is just perfect, and let me show you why:


The pink base in TBM is just perfect for my skin tone and the golden shimmer in the polish gives that "it", that Im looking for in every polish. I know my skin is pale and would use some tan but this polish makes my hands look less yellow so thats a miracle!


The formula of A Butterfly Moment was a suprise for me. I expected the usual great formula that OPI used to gives us but this one was pretty thin and I was very afraid that it wont cover and will create streaks on my nails. Fear not ladies! The second coat was all I needed to get perfect coverage. Im amazed and satisfied. Found my perfect nude, if I may call it that. Yaaaay!


A tip for you that havent tried A Butterfly Moment yet: either do 3 very, very thin coats or 2 rather thick ones. Max 2-3 brush strokes for each nail no more. It will prevent the "frost" finish to be so obvious and you will get that soft pink shade with golden shimmer as in the bottle. I know that was an issue for some of the ladies that tried it. Thats it, I hope you find the post useful :)

Thank you for stopping by! :) xx

*All of the nail polish I own I bought with my own money or received as a gift from friends, I don't get paid for any reviews, it's just my own thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment